Surveillance video captures armed robbery of Lindale store | News
LINDALE, TX (KLTV)- Authorities are searching for the suspect responsible for the late Tuesday afternoon gunpoint robbery of a Lindale convenience store.
According to Lindale Police Chief Dan Somes, around 4 p.m., a man "cased" the Exxon gas station near the intersection of Highway 69 and Interstate 20. Somes said the suspect made a purchase and then left the store. Customers were in the store at the time.
Somes says when the man later returned to rob the store, customers were not present.
Police say the man displayed a black revolver he pulled from his back-right pocket, and demanded money from the cashier.
The cashier complied, and the suspect fled the scene on foot, headed eastbound.
Lindale Police released the following description of the suspect:
Black male wearing a white crew-neck sweatshirt, dark, shin-length shorts, and a dark, baseball cap with a graphic design on the right-side.
Police consider the man armed and dangerous. If you have any information on this case, please contact the Lindale Police Department.
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bill could eliminate toll road fees for some veterans
- East Texas helps: How to send aid to Oklahoma tornado survivors
- Hundreds of employees affected by ETX mail processing center closure
- Experts: West Nile virus may make a comeback in East Texas
- Another suspect sought in theft of Transport Services in Tyler